How to Find Us
Thornbury Hospital is situated approximately 2 miles south west of Sheffield city centre. It has easy access to the M1 and all other major roads, and is also served well by public transport.
- From the M1, take junction 33 and head towards Sheffield city centre using the Sheffield Parkway.
- At the end of the Parkway take the last exit at the roundabout A61(N), also signposted for Glossop and Manchester A57.
- Continue following the A57 signs for Glossop, over two smaller and one larger roundabout.
- The Sheffield University building will be passed on the right after the large roundabout.
- Continue following the signs for Glossop until a shopping area is reached (Broomhill). At this point the road forks, take the left hand lane (NOT the right hand lane to Glossop).
- This leads into Fulwood Road, and Thornbury Hospital is approximately half a mile on the right hand side of the road.
The nearest station is Sheffield. Information on train times can be found here. Either a taxi or a Number 40/120 bus maybe taken directly to the hospital from the station.
A regular bus service operated by First South Yorkshire is run from both the city centre and the railway station direct to the hospital (Service Number 40/120). You can find information on timetables and plan your journey here.